Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stockholder Aggle?

I was listening to a news report on the radio yesterday, and I heard something interesting.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the Obama Administration is considering converting its preferred interest in the bailed-out banks into common stock.

Considering I know next to nothing about stock ownership, I have a question...


Would that make me a stockholder?

If so, can I vote my 1/300,000,000th of the U.S.' interest in those banks at stockholder meetings, or would I have to go along with whatever the Obama Administration wants?

Does my "ownership" interest in these banks qualify under the corporate bylaws so as to grant me the right to inspect their books & records?


Hopefully, one of my three or four readers can answer those questions for me.

No comments: