Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Campaign Twists

I've been mulling this post for a couple of days now, and what I keep coming back to is, "Man! I hate politics!"


Let me start by saying that I don't like the Democrat or the Republican ticket. The only person I can actually say I marginally "like" in the race right now is Joe Biden. Oh, no, don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about his positions/policies, those I disagree with vehemently. I'm talking about personally, Biden seems the kind of guy you could meet at a dinner party and actually enjoy talking to. Like he wouldn't bore the tar out of you with gladhanding or self-aggrandizement.

Sorry, Joe, that doesn't mean I'm voting for Obama/Biden.


And John, don't think that means I'm voting for McCain/Palin, either.


I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards Grampa McCain, if only because I'd rather have a D-congress and an R-president than have either party hold both.



What I really came here to post is an interesting turn I've noticed since Grandaddy made his VP announcement.

It seems as if Obama is now campaigning against Palin. Oh, sure, they still throw in a couple of "he's the same as Bush" (which I don't necessarily deny) here and there. But the overwhelming message coming from Obama's campaign (other than, of course, "change") is "I'm better than her."


It is just me, or does it read to anyone else as if the Obama campaign's new slogan is, "Now wait just a gosh-darn minute! I'm the only wildly inexperienced* person who should be in this race!"?



*Or "underexperienced," if you are offended by "inexperienced."

No comments: