What I mean is, unite in your resolve to remain insulated from the mentality of the big lawfirm.
I was just alerted to a great blog-post on MyShingle.com, entitled "Starting a Firm May Be the Only Escape from Biglaw Culture."
All I can say is, "Amen!"
While I was in law school, I began the process of fighting with my classmates over the few big-firm associate positions. I was all set, sadly, to give my life to one of them, and likely sacrifice my wife's affection in the pursuit of a bunch of dollars. Then something happened to me.
My wife gave birth to our first child while I was a 2L. She was born 3 days before fall-semester finals. I looked at her once, and immediately decided to take my Dad up on his offer of an office. We're now a 2-lawyer firm, and I (with another daughter born early this year) am well on my way to being remembered as a Father-who-happens-to-be-a-lawyer rather than a Lawyer-who-happens-to-have-kids.
It means less money, but hey, I've already proven I'm the richest man on earth.
Federal Judge Sides With Chicago Cub, Bars Venue From Selling Tickets to
Watch Games
-
"Plaintiff has shown that defendants were unjustly enriched by
misappropriating plaintiff's right to its product, the live baseball game
experience," the c...
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment